Why Social/Digital Media Marketing?
Have you ever noticed that people around you have started using social networks like Facebook and WhatsApp more? This shift in consumption of information by masses presents a great opportunity for businesses to market their products. Here are a few main reasons your business should have a Digital Marketing presence;
- There is a demographic shift. Digital and mobile media is the only way younger people consume and seek content. Your target audience/group is checking social media everyday
- It reaches a far wider audience more regularly than one off print media
- Online purchases have increased by over 1000% in the last 5 years
- Digital Media Marketing is affordable than other forms of online marketing like newspaper ads and hoardings
- Results can be tracked easily
- You have 24/7 access – your shop stays open even when your ofﬁce does not.
Key Forms Of Digital Media Marketing
There are different strategies of DMM for different businesses. One size does not ﬁt all. According to products/services, availability of target group on social platform, type of marketing - push or pull are some of the points which form the basis of DMM for businesses. Following are key forms of DMM; Search Engine Optimization -Ranking a website in Google search for speciﬁc long keywords Internet banner ads -Display advertising of products and services to buyers who might be interested in purchasing your products Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising -Placing your website in the top results for speciﬁc keywords in Google search Email marketing -Mass emailing large customer databases Social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) -Marketing, advertising and branding products/services on various social media websites
Creating mobile app or placing product ads for smartphone marketing This is far from an exhaustive list, and new forms of digital marketing, such as augmented reality, are arriving all the time. An integrated, structured and persistent digital marketing plan will create more powerful and relevant connections with clients. You can build and grow your business, convey your thought leadership and engage with clients and the community far easier. Let’s make a plan today!